Friday, September 11, 2009

Chrysanthemums

To me chrysanthemums say "Fall" along with cooler weather, pumpkins, corn stalks, roast turkey, pumpkin pie, and apple cider.

With the return of routine this month brings, I was ready to see something fall on a daily basis. Since my fresh herbs were past (and they looked pitifully ugly) I decided to change out the planter pots on our deck. Off to Home Depot I went Tuesday night to buy a few chrysanthemums. Wednesday morning while Jay took his morning nap I blissfully enjoyed potting the plants.

Here are pictures of the result!


I can't help but smile every day when I look out at my cheery planter boxes.

While I took these pictures I had my ever-constant companion by my side. I decided to play around with the different settings on the camera and took this photo of Jay. What a cheesy grin.

While writing this post this morning Jay was doing some independent play around the house. He got awfully quiet - and we all know quiet at this age isn't always a good sign. I investigated. I found him in a spot playing with something that was just fine, but upon further investigation I found that he had previously gone into our bathroom and had fun unrolling a good portion of the toilet paper roll. He clearly understands and KNOWS that is a no-no...that little bugger. I brought him in to the bathroom and again explained to him that doing that is a BIG NO-NO. What does he do? He gives me a look similar to that cheesy grin above. Oh, the joys of parenting!! Lord, help us train up this child in the way he should go...Prov. 22:6.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Love the "cheesy" smile Jay! Mindy, the flowers look beautiful. We have traded weather with y'all. We have had three straight days of rain. Hooray!!!