Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November Together

(December 13)

It is about time I get back to blogging, isn't it? Life got busy, we were sick with cold bugs for several weeks, then life was full again...you all know how it goes.

Here are some pictures I took in November of the boys playing together early one morning.


Friend Katie wrote this in an email back on November 9th. I've included some of my musings from that day following Katie's email quote:

"Audrey has some stickers for Jay. And when I asked her if we should give some to Baby David, too, she said that David should not have any yet because he's too little, but when he gets a little older and grows up he can have some." :)

Once again Matt and I are amazed at Audrey's verbal and relational understanding. I can't get Jay to say "soup" (I fixed that for his lunch today) let alone talk about relationship stuff. Instead of saying "soup" he just likes to make a slurping sound (I've learned the slurping sound could be for "soup" or for "drink of water").

As I write this, though, I'm remembering Jay being so proud of himself learning that if he climbed up on a chair, he could then from that lean/jump over to the nearby couch and tumble over/across it. And today he loved being able to jump on top of four items he placed strategically on the floor. I used it as an opportunity to teach him counting as he jumped from one thing to the next. He loves conquering new physical challenges.

It is so funny to compare the two 2 yr olds knowing they are just operating as God designed them. :)

As I mentioned in my opening paragrah, we were under the weather for a time, but the crazy part of it is that Jay didn't act the least bit sick. As you might have figured out from my above paragraph, Jay continued to be as active as ever. No "down time" for sickness around here - no matter how you feel! :)

I was so grateful for the 2 hours of nap time I was able to utilize several days. Jay and David often take their long afternoon naps at the same time -- 1 to 3ish. I do my best to try and catch some extra zzz's at least a portion of that time in order to help me fight off sick bugs.

Over Veterans Day weekend we enjoyed an unexpected blessing - having my Mom here (a last minute terrific surprise). Here are some photos from our quality time together.

This next photo of Jay is a favorite of mine. Jay took off his socks and my Mom played with him and put them on his ears to make him look like a puppy. He thought it was GREAT!My Mom is a MASTER at putting baby David to sleep. She can do it so quickly and easily. We couldn't resist taking a picture of sweet David sleeping in his bassinet.

And here is a funny, sweet photo of David after I had finished dressing him for the day. Yes, he stands quite well with just a little bit of support needed. He's growing up so fast!Friday of Veterans Day weekend we took the boys to the play area at the local mall. It is fun to watch Jay climb, slide, jump and play. On Saturday, sis Molly met up with us (Mom, me and baby David) and we ventured off for some girl time shopping at the outlet mall in Auburn. Jay stayed home and had a good time with Dad. We three gals had a BLAST together. We figured it had been a good 15 years or so since the three of us had gone clothes shopping together like that. Nothing beats having some good girl opinions as you try on clothes! Below is a photo of David taking a nap. All our shopping wore him out! Ha! (Not really - he just took his normal nap.)

We stopped half-way through and grabbed a bite of lunch at a nearby Wendy's. David did terrific playing with his toys and a plastic spoon.


Sunday after church brother Scott and his wife Mandy, my sister Molly and her husband Scott, Mom, and my little fam all gathered here at my place for a pre-Thanksgiving family gathering. The camera didn't get used, unfortunately, but it was wonderful. I'm still cherishing the moments we enjoyed together.

No comments: