Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lake Adventures

Friday morning, July 6th, we made our way to Silver Lake (near Spokane) to my uncle, aunt, and cousin's lake home. The morning started out with Jay and David inspecting a sun fish that had just been hooked by their second cousin, Kurtis. The pliers are there because they were needed to help get the hook out of its mouth.
Then Jay's second cousins allowed Jay a turn at fishing. (Bits of marshmallow on the hook worked great for bait!)


While Jay was busy fishing, this is what David was doing. This boy LOVES playing in the sand!
SUCCESS for Jay! Hooray!! Jay caught his first fish - a sun fish!!
Here is a picture of Jay showing off his prize catch. I think he told everyone there about 6 times each about catching his first fish, showing it to them again and again. PopPop, Jay has caught the fishing bug! (I know that will thrill your heart!)
After fishing (my) cousin Jake took the kids out for some tubing with his boat. (That is Jake there in the sunglasses driving the boat. Jay and David are watching their second cousins being pulled along for a ride on the tubes.) The rest of us enjoyed the beautiful morning boat ride.


Jay commented to me several times, "Mommy, this boat has LOTS of POWER!" :)

We enjoyed one more time at the lake on Sunday afternoon, July 8. Another boat ride happened and Jay was super brave and took a turn tubing with his second cousin Julia on his same tube to keep him safe. (I didn't have my camera with me that time. I so wished I had remembered it to capture him on the tube.) He LOVED the tube ride -- that is, until the pull rope dropped in the water and sprayed up on him and his face. He called it quits then (with a few tears).

Thanks for a GREAT time, family! We had a blast!!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Great pics at the lake! Love the pic of Jay and David "inspecting" the sun fish:)