Friday, October 19, 2012

October Visit to Grandma's

Matt left on Thursday, Oct. 11th to the Phoenix area for his annual golf guy's weekend. There was no way I was going to stay at home with all three kids with no break (especially with a 2 month old), so off we went to Grandma's house in Eastern Washington Thursday morning. (Thanks Mom!)
 
The road trip went well. I started the trip with a treat for myself - a drive-thru Starbucks chai and a breakfast sandwich - since I rushed out the door without breakfast. The caffeine from the chai tea latte gave me just the necessary oomph I needed to stay alert while driving. We stopped in Ellensburg for a potty break, diaper changes, snack, and nursing session which took about one hour and arrived safely at my Mom's doorstep by early afternoon.
 
Friday late morning we took the opportunity to visit friends at the Bar U Ranch near Benge. What a pretty drive through the country with a lovely, relaxed visit with friends. We packed our lunches and ate those at their home before loading up and heading home. Shortly after arriving home Mom and I were in the living room watching Amy interact with Jay (photo below).
It was suspiciously quiet in the kitchen where David had been playing with the toy barn and farm animals, so I went in there to see what he was up to (hoping he was staying out of trouble). Lo and behold, this is how I found David (it was past his normal nap time).
What the photo above doesn't show is the pool of drool on the floor. :)
Then I was able to capture Amy "talking" after laying David down for his nap in a more proper location.
Late Friday night my brother Scott, sister-in-law Mandy, and my nephew Payson arrived. After enjoying a relaxing Saturday morning together (my brother built Lego vehicles pretty much all day), late in the afternoon we made sure to stop in for a visit with my 98 year old Grandma (my Dad's Mom) so she could see her 4 great-grandkids.
 
I really like this next photo of Great Grandma, 2 mo. old Amy, and 9 mo. old Payson.
(In the background on the wall you see my Dad's graduation photo and three photos of him when he was about 1 or 2 years old.)
 Grandma with Payson (such a cute, big boy)!


And I'll end with a couple group photos:
2 yr old David, Great Grandma, 2 mo. old Amy, 4 yr old Jay, 9 mo. old Payson, and Grandma

I had a successful drive back home on Monday morning and Matt arrived back home late Monday night. Thanks for all your help, Mom, loving on me and my kids. I couldn't have done it without you - especially with Amy on an eating/growing kick that weekend.

1 comment:

The Griffith Family said...

So sweet to see Amy talking; again wearing her cute purple headband! I tried to make a comment on the other post and it didn't work:( The one where she had on her purple outfit for me-Aunt Shawn!!! We have to keep that going! Love the picture of David on the floor as well. Plus, Jay talking to Amy. Wonderful sweet times! Thanks for sharing:)