Monday, August 19, 2013

1st Day of School!



 My attempt at a good picture of the three kids:
 "No, don't touch your nose, David."
 "A good one - but maybe I should get closer."
 "David, look at me, not at Amy."
 "David, don't be so silly."
 "Amy, look at Mommy!"
 "Hooray!"
 Jay doing his Phonics, Reading, & Writing lesson.
 David built the above airport with airplanes while we were doing school.
 Our calendar fun (and learning) this year, thanks to a friend who gave it to us.

Homeschooling a 5 year old with 3 and 1 year old siblings underfoot is no easy task. It took me 3 hours to finish our first day of school, but the flow of our schooling had many interruptions (dirty diapers, snacks to fix for hungry kids, putting Amy down for a morning nap, etc.)  I'm hoping for more like 2 hours a day or less to do 5 subjects. We'll probably adjust our school schedule day as the days, weeks, and months go to better fit our family schedule groove, but all things considered, it was a terrific day!

Please pray for my eager learner and also for me to be a good Mom so we can have a fun and successful school year!

No comments: