Thursday, February 26, 2009

Late February Snow

This morning we woke up to snow falling! The weather forecasters predicted the snow but I never believe it until I see it since many times the weather changes before it actually happens. As you can see from the photo below of the tree just outside our balcony deck, we received several inches of the white stuff. The local school district and surrounding communities closed the schools for today.

Personally I'm looking forward to spring-like vs. this winter weather so Jay and I can get out for walks more often.

Jay's hair is getting quite long on top. We had fun last week spiking his hair into a faux mohawk during his bath time. Perhaps I should get some hair gel and make this his new "do." Or NOT.


Today they are doing the condo building's annual fire confidence test. The fire alarm therefore rings intermittedly this morning (very loud and annoying). Surprisingly Jay is sleeping like a baby as he takes his nap - I'm so surprised he hasn't woken up screaming bloody murder from the noise. I have MUCH to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Mindy,
He is so cute! I love the new "do". He looks so grown-up. I miss him so much!! Of course I miss his parents too!!!
Love, Aunt Traci

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep the mohawk look! He is growing up so fast. They say we may get snow here tomorrow night. We'll see. Love you all!

Bob