Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stomach Bug Epidemic

Jay woke up around midnight early Tuesday morning. It had been about 5 hours since I last nursed him, so I did that. When he finished with his meal I propped him up and was standing holding him when all of a sudden he tossed his cookies. It was a long evening as I comforted Jay.

All day Tuesday I laid low with Jay, cuddling and playing with him, watching him closely, and trying to make sure he didn't get dehydrated. He slept terrific last night.

Come this morning, though, I woke up, got Jay, then put him down on my bed as I proceeded to toss my cookies. Ugh! Nothing like the flu bug to make you feel miserable. Again we laid low today and Jay napped wonderfully so I was able to sleep well today, too.

Then this afternoon Matt came home from work early and you guessed it, he tossed his cookies too.

A big thanks to my sister Molly who upon learning of our sick household immediately dropped what she was doing and ran to the grocery store. She brought over Saltines, ramen soup, water, and lemon-lime soda to help with our flu bug. The perfect tummy things for a very sick household.

As you can tell, the flu bug is in full force here, but we're doing fine. I've done several loads of laundry more than normal the last couple of days because of the sickness. It is too bad you can't tell/teach an 8 month old to toss his cookies in a bowl vs. all over Mom! Blow-out diapers are not that great either. Ha! I'm beginning to feel better since my system has been thoroughly flushed. Hopefully not much more "flushing" is necessary to get this out of my system.

Please pray that this bug makes its way through us quickly so that we're on the mend sooner rather than later. I can't remember the last time I felt THIS sick. Also pray that we didn't pass on this nasty bug to anyone else.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Bless your hearts! There's nothing worse than that nasty flu bug. We will be praying for a quick recovery for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visual images. Ewwww.....maybe being single is ok after all. LOL. Love you guys and hope you guys get better soon! - Bob