Monday, April 20, 2009

Swingtime, Herbs, and Fun

We enjoyed a great weekend with not much planned so we did what we wanted, when we wanted, where we wanted.

This Mom had this grand idea of how Jay would be and how he would react when he experienced his first swing ride on the local playground.

As is sometimes typical in this new role of parenthood, sometimes your thoughts and expectations turn out completely different than the reality.

I thought Jay would LOVE it in the swing. I had visions of him smiling, laughing, enjoying it and that he might want to do it for a while. As you can see from the pictures below, that wasn't exactly the case...



Jay tolerated it for a while, but he didn't even crack a smile during his swing time and seemed to really care less about the whole thing. Ha! Oh well, maybe he'll enjoy it more later when he is a bit older.

He enjoyed being at the playground, though. He loves to watch the other kids run and play. He just takes it all in.

I saw some planter boxes in the latest Crate and Barrel spring magazine I liked. Since I had some credit on gift cards from there I used a portion of them to purchase two planter boxes and wire planter hooks. Matt, Jay, and I then visited the nursery just down the road from us and we chose some herbs (rosemary, cilantro, dill, mint, chives and flat leaf parsley). I took advantage of the beautiful day today and planted them in their respective pots. I love how the herbs are both attractive and practical! I like to use fresh herbs when I cook, but rarely have I used them since they are so expensive to purchase in the grocery store. It'll be fun to use these particular herbs more often in our meals this spring/summer/fall.

I have a pot or two extra on our balcony so I'm planning to purchase some less-practical flowering items to cheer up the view out our dining room window even more.

I'll end today's post with a video of Jay taken the weekend we were at my Mom's house earlier this month (Saturday, April 11).

1 comment:

Traci said...

Mindy,
Love your herb garden! Too funny about Jay's reaction to the swing. They always keep you guessing! Love the video you took of Matt and Jay. Priceless!