Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Farm Animals

My friend Katie and her little girl Audrey came over for lunch today and then we visited a local park/farm that has animals you can see and pet. We saw...

Sheep
Goats
A Cow
Horses
Chickens



Ducks/Geese
Rabbits

And a pig - but I didn't get a picture of Joy the sow.

We didn't stay terribly long since it was hard to know if the kiddos even cared all that much about our outing, but we had a nice time exploring the park/farm and we're looking forward to visits in the future. It is especially great that all of it is FREE! (Donations appreciated.)

The park had a terrific picnic area and even a small playground. When Jay needs to run off energy in the future, we'll definitely take him there. Lots of room to run on the paths and play. And the best is that it is less than a 10 minute drive from where we live!

As we left the farm I captured this picture perfect pose of the sheep.

I'm going to end this post with a video I took Tuesday night of Jay crawling down our hallway. I realized I better capture his crawl on video before he starts walking. At the rate he is standing and cruising, it won't be long before he takes his first steps.

2 comments:

Traci said...

We love Kelsey Creek Farm! The girls really enjoyed our visits there over the years. They also offer summer camps and pony rides as Jay gets older. So cool to see the farm again.
Love the video of Jay too. He is an incredibly fast crawler!

The Griffith Family said...

It's sure great to see Jay crawling! Josh says-he sure seems to be having fun! So cute to hear him talking so loudly, too!!! Love it-Thanks I remember visiting that farm in your area-great place. Alex says-I didn't know Jay was so loud!