Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Jay woke up early yesterday (5:30 a.m.). I fed him his breakfast cereal, then Matt took over and played with Jay and let me crawl back to bed to enjoy an hour of extra sleep. Before church Matt surprised me with a couple gifts pictured below.

The tea ball will be PERFECT to use when I make my favorite homemade chai tea recipe and for spiced cider in the fall.

The stick blender is terrific! What creamy soups I can now make without the mess of pulling out the blender and pouring the liquid back and forth from the pot to the blender and back! And I think it'll be helpful pureeing cooked fruits and veggies that I do for Jay's baby food.

My other Mother's Day gift from Matt was him painting the guest bathroom! He painted the ceiling white Friday night, we picked out the paint color on Saturday (thanks for the color info, Traci!), and he painted and finished the project Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. I LOVE the result! The red and navy blue accent colors go perfectly with the "honey" (soft yellow) paint color.







In the coming year we are hoping to do more remodeling in this bathroom (we want to replace the sink/counter section thing, redo the lighting and mirror, and put down different flooring than the yucky linoleum). But until we get to working on that project, this paint job spruces this bathroom up tremendously!

Thanks for a great Mother's Day, Matt!

2 comments:

The Griffith Family said...

The bathroom looks great! Good job Matt! We loved the video of Jay in the swing! The boys always giggle when he is talking and want to play the video over and over again! What a cute cousin they have!! Great job Mindy on the blog-we so enjoy it!

Traci said...

Love the color! I'm not partial to yellow at all . . . I'm glad Matt's working for you on Mother's Day weekend. You deserve it!