Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fun at Grandma's House

While Dad Matt was away in Pennsylvania attending a work conference, my twin sister Molly joined Jay and I for a trip to Grandma's house. (As the saying goes, while the cat is away the mice will play!)

I dropped off Matt at the airport early Saturday morning while Molly babysat Jay here at our condo (cutting down on the amount of time Jay would have to be in the car strapped in his car seat). I came back, we loaded up the last items in the car for the trip and off we went! We arrived at Grandma's house in time for lunch. My brother Scott and his gorgeous wife Mandy came to spend the weekend knowing that Molly, Jay and I were going to be home. Wasn't that nice? LOVE THEM!! Shortly after we arrived my Mom's sister (my Aunt Beth -- Jay's Great Aunt Beth) arrived from Eastern Oregon to visit for the afternoon/early evening, too. It was so fun!

Here is a photo of Jay enjoying playing Grandma's piano when we arrived. Maybe Grandma can give Jay piano lessons in the future?!? He actually plays quite nicely. Do you think he enjoys it??


Sunday morning Mom's sister (Aunt Joan - Jay's Great Aunt Joan) came to visit.

Since all three of us kids were home for the weekend, Mom hosted a nice Sunday meal and had my Dad's Mom (Grandma G - Jay's Great Grandma G) join us, too. SO SPECIAL!!

We took the opportunity to take a four generation photo.
From Left to Right:
Great Grandma S (my Mom's Mom) - (she turned 86 in May)
Me
Jay (13 months)
My Mom Amy (a.k.a. Grandma)
Great Grandma G (my Dad's Mom) (she turns 95 this July)


Late afternoon on Sunday Aunt Joan, my Mom, and Molly all left for Spokane to attend a family wedding (meeting up with Aunt Beth and Aunt Mary Kaye, too). I stayed home to be with Grandma S and Jay (since it would have been too late of an evening for Jay). The three of us had a great time together and liked that we were safe at home when a big lightening, thunder, and rain storm rolled through the area that evening.

Monday was a quiet, lazy, vacation-like day. We got an organization project accomplished, but mostly just lazed around, napped, and visited. For dinner Grandma fixed waffles and sausage. M-m-m, was it ever good! Here are a few photos of Jay enjoying his waffles (yes, waffleS - he can really put the food down).


Tuesday morning my Aunt Julie (Jay's Great Aunt Julie) and my first cousin's wife, Cari, came out to the house to visit. John and Cari have Taylor (who is 4, I believe) and Zoe (1-1/2).

From Left to Right: Molly, Taylor, Zoe, Cari, Jay, me, and Julie



Sweet Zoe happily and unprovoked climbed up into my lap after Jay had left my lap.

Taylor came over and asked me to read to her some of Jay's books. And of course, then all the kiddos wanted to see and take part of the reading session. Very fun!!

Later that afternoon Jay "helped" Grandma water the flower pots on the deck. He took the empty watering can from Grandma when she was finished and pretend watered the pots one more time and then enjoyed playing in the farm cat's water bowls.


Tuesday late afternoon we enjoyed a somewhat impromptu visit to my cousin's home. It was fun to see Julia and Zachary again (they were also at the lake on July 4).

Here are the three munchkins playing with a Case toy tractor on the stairs leading upstairs to the bedrooms.
And here is my first cousin Jacob holding Jay after we toured their bountiful garden and their beautiful backyard and house. Jay also enjoyed petting their tame outdoor cat (I didn't catch its name), their great lab dog Tucker, and Julia's stunning, beautiful horse, Tequila Sunrise.




Molly and I came back home Wednesday morning/early afternoon. Then later that night Jay and I drove down to the airport to pick up Matt. We missed him terribly, but time spent at Grandma's house helped the time pass quicker.

Thanks for such a fun time, Mom! Your meals, as always, were yummy, and the quality time and memories made were priceless.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Mindy, thanks for sharing your time away with all of us! Loved the picture of Jay watering the plants and playing the piano. He is so good at posing for pictures!