Friday, July 24, 2009

Videos of Jay from our visit to Grandma's

My sister took some videos and photos while we stayed with my Mom two weekends ago. She recently sent me the video and pictures files so I thought I'd share some of them here on the blog.

I mentioned in the previous post that my sister and Mom left to attend a family wedding Sunday afternoon, July 12, while Jay and I stayed at home with Great Grandma. Below is a photo of all of my Mom's sisters. They are standing in birth order from right to left: Beth, Joan, Mary Kaye, (their brother Ray not pictured), and my Mom, Amy.


This first video my sister recorded on Monday, July 13 while she was working with Jay on his counting. One...two...three!

That same day we went through some boxes of some old "treasures" of Molly's and mine from our childhood days. Jay listened as we "oohed" and "aahed" with excitement over finding old letters and items. Here is a video of him discovering fun items we had placed in the trash. He did a great job imitating us. He totally cracked us up!

Later that evening we enjoyed a waffles and sausage dinner (a rare treat). This is the night we couldn't seem to fill his belly...he just kept eating and eating and eating. I had taken him out of his highchair thinking he was done eating, but then he continued to enjoy more food while sitting in my lap. Here he is eating a bite of watermelon.

And here is Jay enjoying some snuggle time with Grandma Amy early Tuesday morning, July 14 . I've found he is typically more "chatty" in the mornings. You hear him say Mama, Dadda, baby, and he even starts counting to three in this video clip.

1 comment:

Traci said...

How precious!!! Thanks for sharing the videos of Jay.
I enjoyed the picture of your mom and sisters too.