Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fun with Sarah

Jay hasn't eaten yogurt since I started solid (vs. pureed) food with him. He rejected it every time I offered it. But just recently he decided he'd try a bite of Mommy's yogurt and soon learned again how yummy it was as evidenced from the photos below. This time around, though, he feeds himself allowing Mommy to enjoy the freedom of eating at the same time.


My friend and I both needed a sitter this week so we decided to work out a trade...I'd watch Sarah Sunday afternoon and she'll watch Jay Thursday afternoon. Sarah is just 2 weeks older than Jay and she and I are again just 2 weeks apart with our second babies due late May and (me) early June. After Sarah arrived we decided to take advantage of the beautiful afternoon with a walk to the park to feed the ducks. The below photos were taken just after finishing feeding the ducks leftover bread. They both decided the ducks needed some "roughage" - some small pebbles to go with the bread. :)


On the walk back home Sarah and Jay spontaneously decided to hold hands and walk together. It took me a bit to get the camera out and to "movie" mode so I didn't catch the majority of it, but here is a small snippet of how cute they looked walking down the sidewalk hand-in-hand.


And here is life with busy two-year-olds. They loved running down the street, swinging their little arms while yelling - just so much fun.


The evening ended with dinner...cheese quesadilla, peeled apple quarter, cut up carrot, part of a homemade cinnamon roll, and water.

Thanks for a fun Sunday afternoon and evening, Sarah!

No comments: