Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jay and David's Birthdays

As you know from the previous posts, Jay turned 3 on June 2. I wanted to celebrate his birthday a little bit here at home (starting a tradition of doing a little something celebratory on the actual "day"). I let him choose a cake mix (devil's food or yellow - he chose devil's food - a chocolate lover just like his Mom) and he helped me make them (by licking the batter off the beaters, of course!).

Here is a photo of him (yes, a very excited boy!) with his birthday cupcake and three lit candles followed by a little video clip of him blowing out the candles.



On David's birthday (today), we did the same thing. I took a frosted cupcake, lit the "1" candle (that Matt blew out for him) and let him "have at" the cake. He, however, is NOT a chocolate lover like his brother and me. He didn't want to taste it, but he sure had fun touching the frosting and cake and smearing it all over his hands and food tray. When he started clapping and therefore flinging the frosting and cake around off of his tray, I called it quits. There is only so much mess I'm willing to deal with. (We have carpet in our dining room.)



Since he had his hands completely covered in frosting and cake, I spontaneously grabbed a piece of paper and had him make a chocolate cake and frosting handprint for posterity sake. It is currently displayed on my kitchen refrigerator.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Love the birthday videos!!! Jay and David are so precious:-)

Jeremy, Meg, Connor, Katie & Kara said...

What a cute idea!