Thursday, June 9, 2011

Opening Birthday Gifts

After the birthday party at the park, the boys needed to lay down for their afternoon naps. After taking a short nap (only 1 hour that day) they woke up excited to explore the gifts that were given and to open a few more gifts from family.

Below Jay is studying the stickers that were to be affixed to his new Hot Wheels Roadway.


Below David is "helping" Jay put together his new roadway.


While Jay was focused on his new toys, David opened his birthday gifts.

These are the clothes David received from Grandma Amy,

the new books from Uncle Scott and Aunt Mandy,
and the huge box for both David and Jay from Uncle Mike, Aunt Shawn, Alex and Josh.
Below David is opening his gift from Nana Carol and PopPop Jim.
New Duplo Legos!!



Matt and I enjoyed a night out (Matt went to the U2 concert while I attended a farewell BBQ for friends of ours from church). Before I left I offered Jay food for dinner. He was busy playing with his new toys and he quickly answered me, "No (food) Mom. I'm busy workin'!"

Grandma Amy babysat that evening and when I returned home, this is what I found...
They were both in Grandma's lap enjoying one of the new toys Jay received for his birthday. David was finishing off his bottle of breastmilk before being put to bed and both boys were as happy as they could be. It truly melted my heart. It was a great ending to a wonderful day.

No comments: