Wednesday, December 3, 2008

6-Month Check-up

As I mentioned in my last post, Jay had his six-month check-up today. Here are his latest stats.

Weight: 16 lbs., 14 oz. (25th to 50th percentile)
Length/Height: 27 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 44-1/2 cm (75th percentile)

I try to keep lotion on him since his skin has been dry the last couple of weeks. He has a mild case of eczema so I'm now using Aquaphor (which is mostly petroleum) and I've already noticed a marked difference.

The last thing that surprised us is that he has a double ear infection. The poor guy! Our family passed a cold around to each other a week before Thanksgiving so that is probably what set it off. The doctor said it was in the beginning stage. He is now on Amoxicillin which he'll take two times a day for 10 days. We will visit the pediatrician again in 2 weeks for an ear check. If the infection is gone he'll get a dose of shots then.

No comments: