Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baby #2!

We've been COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS around here! Yes, you are reading it correctly - we're PREGNANT!! We saw the doctor this week and everything looks great.


Due date is June 5, 2010, just a mere three days after Jay turns 2! Nothing like doing one big birthday bash to accomplish the birthday celebration of two kiddos in years to come!


I'm excited that I have my same Ob-Gyn as last time. He is a great doctor!! He is extremely experienced and he has great bedside manner - very calming and peaceful.


Seeing Baby W #2's heartbeat was awesome - at a mere 7 weeks along it was just beating away with small flashes on the ultrasound screen. According to BabyCenter.com, the baby is about the size of a blueberry this week.



This week I've really started to notice and experience queasiness, lack of energy, and a general "just don't feel quite right" feelings, but in comparison to other pregnant women at this stage, this is all very mild. Don't get me wrong, though. I'll be glad to get into the second trimester when I start to feel "normal" again if this pregnancy is anything like my pregnancy was with Jay.


We'd appreciate your prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy...we have a ways to go!


Like last time, yes, we'll be finding out the gender of the baby at 20 weeks (around mid-January). And yes, we'll share the gender, but we'll keep the baby's name a secret until the baby's arrival. Something has to keep people in suspense!! Oh, and yes, we already have a girl and a boy name chosen for Baby W #2.

10 comments:

Tiff said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. Great seeing you last week.

Shilo said...

Congrats! Just found your blog!

Amanda said...

What wonderful news!!!!!!
I was just wondering to myself when you all might try again!!!
Congrats to you all!

Mike and Becka said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! So excited for you all! Congrats, Mindy!!!
Love,
Becka

Joanna Bolick said...

Whohoooo! Congratulations! May the 1st trimester go quickly!!

Julie said...

Congratulations. We are excited for you!

Traci said...

So exciting!!! We can't wait!!!
Happy Birthday Matt!!!

bgrahamnc said...

Congratulations. Baby W 2.0

Anonymous said...

Mindy that is so exciting! Congratulations! I can't believe that wasn't the first thing out of your mouth yesterday.... :) I am sorry I had to rush out; I would have loved to visit with you guys. Thanks for bringing Jay in so we could enjoy his costume! Best wishes in the months ahead!
Kathryn

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! We send our love from Richmond!