Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Professional Haircut

It had been several weeks since I had cut/trimmed Jay's hair and it was beginning to stick up in funny directions since it was getting longer. I decided it was time for Jay to get his first professional haircut (to even out and straighten up any "mistakes" I had made). I thought it would be special to have the first haircut done in the town where I grew up from the local barber I've known all my life. His oldest son is the same age is my brother and my parents went to school with him and his wife. Bruce has been a barber for as long as I can remember -- since before I was born, really!

Following are pictures and a couple videos to capture this momentous event!!

Above: Feeling the vibration of the clippers





After the haircut, my Mom and I ran a few quick errands around town and then stopped to visit with Great Grandma Alma. Here is a cute picture of Jay playing with his basketball and soccer ball there (he is about ready to throw them).

3 comments:

The Griffith Family said...

Wow! Jay did such a great job of sitting still, and what a great haircut! He looks like a little man! So cute!!!

--Rebecca said...

He's such a big boy! And so handsome! I can see both parents in that sweet face.

Love your blog!

--Rebecca Cochrane in Asheville

Mike and Becka said...

CUTE!!!