Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend at Grandma's

This past Friday Matt, Jay, and I traveled to my Mom's house in Eastern Washington for the weekend. The weather was terrific that day which made the drive quick and enjoyable.

Saturday morning when Jay awoke he enjoyed watching the cats come up on the porch for their morning drink of water. As you can witness from this video, he wanted to tell those kitties what to do and where to go.

Saturday morning my brother Scott and his wife Mandy came. Matt, Scott, and two of Scott's friends did a round of golf (9 holes) in town while the rest of us enjoyed a relaxing morning at home. Above: One of the many activities Jay enjoys at Grandma's house - playing the piano

Below: After we surprised my Mom with an early birthday celebration dinner Saturday evening (Happy Birthday today, Mom), Jay enjoyed some outdoor time with Uncle Scott and Aunt Mandy (who took these pictures for me - thanks!)


Grandma's tricycle is still a little too big for Jay, but he sure enjoyed sitting on it and being pushed/pulled down the concrete driveway.




We had a good visit with both of my Grandma's this weekend. My 95 year old Grandma (Dad's Mom) is doing just SUPER in the Assisted Living home. My soon-to-be 87 year old Grandma (Mom's Mom) who lives with my Mom continues to have her good and bad days. Last weekend we weren't sure she would live to see us one more time, but she once again rallied the week leading up to our visit and was really quite good. She'd love to "go home" though, so although we love her dearly, we're praying she can peacefully pass sooner rather than later. In all this we remember that God's timing is perfect and we desire His will, not ours.

No comments: