Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Singing and Reading

Aunt Molly is on Spring Break from teaching so she came and hung out with Jay and me today. Before she arrived I was busy baking up a batch of cinnamon swirl bread in the kitchen. Jay decided he needed a project too, so he pulled out some of my pots and pans and played. He had been sitting on the floor banging on them. Just as I pulled out the camera he stood up and when I asked him to pose for the camera, he stepped into that frying pan to pose. Silly kid!
When Molly arrived he went into full performance mode. As you can see from the following two videos, I'm not kidding when I say performance. (You see a brief glimpse of Molly with some netting fabric - she is adding a blusher to my bridal veil she'll be using for her wedding.)


Before I put Jay down for his afternoon nap I read a couple books to him. I normally don't read to him on the living room floor - that just happened. And I normally don't read to him from a Christmas book, but that is the book he chose first. Molly had a perfect view of Jay from the dining room table and without me knowing caught us on video. Notice Jay's constant movement...

I read from his favorite book "Junkyard Fort" by Joe Scieszka next. Notice his response to the question "Do you want an ice cream?" at the end of the video. We've read this book so much he knows the question is coming and starts nodding before the question is even asked. His agreeing, pleading look always makes Matt and me laugh.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I want to babysit Jay sooooo bad!
What a character!!!