Monday, January 31, 2011

David Perfecting His Standing Abilities

This weekend David took another leap developmentally and really started to perfect his skill of going from crawling on his belly, to his knees, to pulling up or steadying himself on an object to get to a full stand. And he is getting really quick at it, too. This kid truly is growing up so quickly! I honestly think he'll take his first steps this coming month and he'll probably be able to walk pretty well by 9 months. YIKES!

I took this sweet photo of him today. I couldn't resist not posting it.


And at the request of family, I recorded a video today to give you all some "proof" of his new ability. The moments I captured didn't really show how fast and good he really is at it, but you'll get an idea. I'll try to catch a better video example in the next couple of days.

Yes, I did ignore Jay's request to "see." He always wants to see the video while I'm actually recording. And then when I am finished, he loves to watch the clip over and over and over again on the camera.

And yes, Jay was in his Thomas the Train pjs. I couldn't get him out of them today. I tried. I really did. He just kept insisting on wearing his "whoo-whoo" outfit. Since we stayed home today, I relented. It is the little things in life that make kids happy, it seems. And I'm happy to oblige.

And why, might you ask, do I have the step stool out in my kitchen? For Jay to watch and be next to me while we did some projects in the kitchen today, of course! Chocolate chip cookies, 2 loaves of zucchini bread, roasted acorn squash to puree for David, and tacos for our dinner. Jay loves watching the whole process. I love having company in the kitchen and I know he is learning good things, so it is definitely a win-win, even if it is a bit awkward to work around the stool at times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the video! I can't believe how big David has gotten! And he's practically standing on his own, my goodness!!!

Traci said...

Wow! Not quite 8 months old and already standing. Amazing:-) Love that smile!