Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fun Days

Jay and I have been visiting friends this week and enjoying this beautiful weather in the evenings!

Tuesday morning we visited Mrs. Eaton (the President's wife at Seattle Pacific Univ), stopped by the office where I used to work to see co-workers, and then visited an old neighbor of ours where we used to live on Queen Anne hill. I then made a batch of poppy seed bread that afternoon followed by dinner and a terrific evening walk with Jay and Matt.

Today Jay and I ran some errands in the morning followed by lunch with former co-workers of mine when I worked at Families Northwest (10 years ago - time certainly goes quickly). This afternoon Jay didn't nap well, but I was still able to accomplish making a batch of zucchini bread. Matt quickly told me he loved coming home to that "home-y" smell of bread baking. Unfortunately for him he won't get any since I'm bringing the zucchini bread to women's bible study next Tuesday evening. And the poppy seed bread is for Sunday School class treats this coming Sunday.

Tomorrow I hope to mix up a batch of pear bread for Sunday School (for variety). It is a nice project to accomplish in the afternoon - I enjoy baking.

I think Jay must be in a good growth spurt right now. Monday he slept most the day away. Tuesday he wanted to eat at 3:00 a.m. and this morning he wanted to eat at 4:00 a.m. (when his normal is 6:00 a.m.) Today he has been awake and has wanted to eat the majority of the day (every 2 hours or so vs. wanting to eat every 3 hours). Currently, however, he is sleeping. I'll be waking him up soon for his final feeding of the day and then back to bed. Oh, the sleeping boy is waking up! I better get this posted!

No comments: