Saturday, October 11, 2008

Long Weekend at Grandma's

Jay and I drove Dad Matt and Uncle Keith to the airport Thursday night. Dad is enjoying his annual long weekend in Arizona golfing and relaxing with his good guy friends so Jay and I decided we would seize the opportunity to spend some time with Grandma in Eastern Washington.

Jay woke up at 6:00 a.m. Friday morning for his first feeding of the day. I had packed the car late Thursday night after Jay was down for the night. As soon as he was done eating Friday morning (around 6:45 a.m.) I buckled him in his car seat and away we went! I didn't want a repeat of the last car trip to Grandma's when he woke up in the dark and hysterically cried for 1+ hours.

He fell to sleep just after we were on the interstate and he woke up just before Ellensburg ready to eat again. It couldn't have been better timing. I pulled off there and fed him a bottle. The slow poke took 30 minutes to drink 4 oz., but I just was thankful I was able to fill up his tank and hoped he'd go back to sleep when we got back on the freeway, and sure enough, he did! He woke up just 3 miles before driving into Grandma's yard. Hooray! What a relief for this Mom - especially since this was the first road trip we accomplished with just the two of us in the car.

My first cousin Ray J brought his 10 month old daughter Gretchen for a visit today. (I'll post a picture next week when I'm back on my home computer.) And then my first cousin John was driving by and came for a short visit after having worked in the field down the road this afternoon.

Other than that, we've been pretty laid back around here. Jay is soaking up lots of cuddles, loves, and play time with Grandma, Great Grandma, and his Great Aunt Donna. I'd love to take Jay outdoors during the day but it has been too chilly and very windy yesterday and today, so we haven't ventured out. Hopefully the weather will be nicer tomorrow.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Mindy,
Good to hear that your trip went well on Friday. Sounds like your having a relaxing visit!
Say hello to your mom for me.
Bye for now,
Traci