Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pictures from Weekend at Grandma's

Jay and I had fun at Grandma's house this weekend. As promised in my last blog entry, here is a photo of my cousin Ray J with his daughter. They came and visited for a few hours Saturday morning. She's so cute! Her busy-ness also gave me a glimpse at what life may look like in about 6 months.
My first cousin Ray J with his 10 mo. daughter Gretchen

Grandma Amy and Jay hanging together
Saturday, October 11

Sunday afternoon the wind finally calmed and the day was beautiful so Jay and I seized the moment and worked outside with Grandma trimming the caragana (sp?) hedge that borders Grandma's yard. Jay LOVED it! After working a bit we decided he'd do better on my back, so believe it or not, I flipped the Bjorn around so he was on my back. He especially loved it when I leaned down because then he was flat on my back looking up at the sky. He thought that was so FUN. He enjoyed the outdoors for nearly an hour before he started fussing telling me he was ready for a nap.

Jay ready for the outdoors
Sunday, October 12

Jay and I have been fighting a mild case of a cold the last three days or so, but we're doing fine. I bought a humidifier yesterday to put in his nursery to help ease his cold symptoms.

Jay got his first taste of rice cereal this weekend! He has caught on being fed by spoon very quickly and it isn't near as messy of a process as it was the first two times. I plan to post a picture or video of him enjoying his rice cereal sometime this week so you can get a peek.

Jay also has started giving me wonderful, slobbery, melt-your-heart, open-mouth kisses. He is especially generous with his kisses in the morning. So fun!

No comments: