Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rash

Jay seems to have developed a bit of a rash on his stomach/chest. They are tiny red pin dot sized raised bumps. That is the only place the rash is, too. Any advice to what might have caused it? I introduced pears on Monday. Could it be from that?

I've placed a call to the pediatrician's office today to get some advice from the nurses there.

Thankfully the rash doesn't seem to bother Jay a bit. I'd just like it to clear up sooner rather than later.


P.S. The nurse at the pediatrician's office just called me back and said that many kids get a rash caused from a virus of some kind. Because it isn't bothering Jay, I'll watch and wait. If it doesn't clear up by the start of next week I will probably take him for a quick visit just so the doctor can confirm the theory or let me know if it is something else. Again, I'm so thankful it doesn't bother Jay.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry about your little man's rash on his chest! Hopefully it will clear up soon on its own. Love the blog, by the way! I definitely spent a chunk of my day catching up on your life as a mommy! Jay seems like such a happy guy! What a joy! Hopefully, someday we can meet him! Much love to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy,
A little late, but here's my $.02. When I was little and my family caught colds, I would get a rash instead. It didn't really itch or bother me. The pediatrician said the same thing yours did. Unfortunately, I grew out of that stage and now I just get the crummy colds :(.