Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Wedding and Play at Park

On August 15 Matt served Christopher, our friend, as best man. Christopher wed his beautiful wife Vanessa. It was a gorgeous ceremony under a tent on a hot Sunday morning held at a local hotel on the shores of Lake Washington. I was so grateful that the ceremony was only a quick 10 minute drive from home so that made it slightly easier for me to navigate getting both boys (and me!) bathed, dressed, and ready for the day's events.

The ceremony began shortly after 11 a.m. Below is a picture of the bride and groom. Matt is the first groomsman to the right of the groom.
Below is a picture of the bride and groom facing the congregation as Vanessa's aunt did a scripture reading.
A lovely dinner was served to the wedding guests under the tent at 1 p.m. Between dinner courses the bride and groom wandered out from under the tent to enjoy the beautiful day and the gorgeous view which provided a picture-perfect moment for us guests.

I will be honest - I was a little worried I would have a hard time wrangling a 2 year old and a 2 month old boy by myself for much of that day, but both boys were good for me. Whew! Having Matt's help from time to time when he was available was extremely nice. I took the boys home at 2 p.m. after I had finished my last bites of the lunch. Jay usually goes down for his nap around 12 or 12:30 so stretching him to 2 was truly a stretch, but he did great. I wasn't even 3 minutes down the road when he fell to sleep in his car seat. He transferred well to his crib for his afternoon nap and the rest of the day fell back into our normal routine. I missed Matt's toast to the couple, the cutting of the cake, the dance, and the couple's departure via a Woodmark Hotel boat out onto Lake Washington - but that was okay. I was grateful to just be included in it all.

We had some really warm days that weekend and into the next week. After work Tuesday, August 17 Matt and I took the boys to a local park for some play time followed by dinner and more play inside our local mall. It felt so good to get cooled down in the mall's air conditioned structure as we missed the hottest part of the day in our condo unit. I took these pictures of David at the park that day (Tuesday, August 17) while Jay and Daddy played on the playground structures and meandered around the water spray part of the park.

1 comment:

Traci said...

What a cutie! He definitely resembles the Galbreath side:)