Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work following my six week maternity leave. Jay was left in very loving and capable hands today - Aunt Molly (my twin sis) in the morning, then Aunt Traci (Matt's sister) and Jay's first cousins Samantha (top picture) and Sydney (bottom picture) cared for him this afternoon. *Thanks, Traci, for these photos!

I was able to focus easily at work today and I accomplished lots with my eased mind knowing Jay was being so well cared for.

There was one sad moment of my day, however. Today I officially gave my resignation notice for my job position at SPU. My last working day will be Friday, August 22. It will end nearly 10 years of employment there including two full years of education (I transferred there to receive my BA degree) and nearly 6 years of those years in full-time work in the Executive Offices. I'm cherishing my last few full-time work weeks in the meantime.

Molly will provide most of the full-time care of Jay with Traci and Mom W filling in when Molly has other things scheduled during the next six weeks. We're so GRATEFUL and feel so BLESSED that Jay's care is being done by loving family members. We can't thank them enough for their sacrifice of love for our family.

No comments: