Friday, July 11, 2008

New to the Blogging World

I'm finally entering the blogging world! I'm hoping this blog will make it easier for our family and friends to keep up with the latest happenings in our lives (and I'll admit it is the most convenient way for me to keep 'ya'll up to date).

Much has happened since May 18, 2005. That was the day Matt and I went on our first date at the Queen Anne Starbucks in Seattle. We got engaged exactly 5 months later on October 18 at Parsons Garden on Queen Anne, and then married on March 18, 2006 at First Free Methodist Church in Seattle - the campus church of Seattle Pacific University.

After some fun travels seeing many friends and family in 2007, James "Jay" Dunegan Worthington entered our lives on June 2, 2008!

Jay's stats:

Born: Monday, June 2, 2008

Time: 2:09 p.m.

Weight: 7 lbs., 6 oz.

(actually the scale read 7 lbs, 5.5 oz, but they always round up I'm told)

Length: 19-3/4 inches

Above Photo from Left to Right:

Matt's Dad, James "Jim" Dunegan (Jay's namesake), who'll be known to Jay as "PopPop"

My Mom, Amy, who'll be known to Jay as "Grandma"

The star of the photo: Jay

My terrific husband, Matt, who'll be known to Jay as "Dad" or "Daddy" or ??

Matt's Mom, Carol, who'll be known to Jay as "Nana"



Here are a few more of my favorite pictures taken the next day, Tuesday, June 3, 2008.

The above photo is Jay with my sister, Jay's Aunt Molly.


And here is my ultimate favorite photo - our first family photo taken on Tuesday, June 10, 1 week and 1 day after Jay's arrival.

Matt, Jay, and Mindy


3 comments:

threeforme said...

You look too good in those hospital pics to have just had a baby! Fabulous!

Traci said...

Mindy,
Love how you arranged and titled the pictures of Jay and the girls. Too cute!!
Traci

Traci said...

Mindy,
Thanks for your note. Yes, I love it too. Writing and taking pictures are my two greatest passions!
Traci