Monday, August 4, 2008

Bath, Blue Angels, Baby, and Blessings

We sure had a fun weekend!

We started the weekend Friday night giving Jay a bath. Every baby must have the obligatory bath photos, right?

Mom, must you take a photo of me in the bath??

Saturday afternoon we met up with our friends Mark and Rachel for a bite of lunch and then we all walked to the I-90 bridge to watch the Blue Angels perform for Seattle's Seafair celebration. It was a beautiful afternoon. We all got a slight shade of pink from the sun - lesson learned! Sunscreen is a must. Thankfully I put a baseball cap on Jay's head and I did what I could to shield him from the sun so Jay did just fine. He fell asleep in the Bjorn on the walk there and took his long afternoon nap through almost the entire outing.



And here are some favorite photos of Jay from this past weekend, too.
Above: Jay with Dad Matt on Saturday afternoon.

Below: Jay dressed in his "Sunday best" - ready for church!
Thanks Aunt Julie for this cute outfit. The little loafers are so cute on him, too (he kicked them off just before this photo was taken). He is getting to be such a little man already!


Later Sunday afternoon Matt's Mom and Dad arrived from Oregon (Pop Pop and Nana to Jay). Nana is taking care of Jay for the next two weeks while Matt and I work. I have three more weeks of work before I am home with Jay full-time. Matt and I can't say it enough: what a blessing it is to have family so willing to help us out in this way.

My brother Scott was headed to Florida on Sunday for a business trip when he unexpectantly had to endure an 8-hour layover in Seattle. So my sister Molly and her boyfriend Scott picked up brother Scott from the airport. The three of them stopped at the new Renton Seahawks facility for a tour. (Boyfriend Scott works for First and Goal.) After the tour they came to our condo in Bellevue for a BBQ dinner. What a great time we all had! Jay showed off his "stuff" for the fam - laughing and smiling and "talking".

Molly's boyfriend Scott with Jay

No comments: