Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Jay!

BEFORE PICTURE
This first picture was taken last year, Sunday, June 1, 2008:


Lovely picture of me enjoying cake, huh? It looks like that is the LAST thing I should be eating for how big I was. Ha! But I remember it tasted really good!

At 12:15 a.m., Monday, June 2, 2008 I woke up experiencing my first labor contraction.

AFTER PICTURES
13 hours and 54 minutes later at 2:09 p.m. this little 7 lb. 6 oz., 19-3/4" long guy greeted us...





And today - here is this cute one year old boy! What a happy, sweet-natured, fun guy he is. Aunt Traci (Matt's sister), Uncle Keith, and Cousins Samantha & Sydney sent these gifts for Jay from their home in Texas.


He likes all the gifts, but his favorite is the frame. Cousins Samantha and Sydney recorded a great birthday wish message on it (he is giving them a "kiss" in the above photo). He quickly figured out the button to push to make it "work" and he loves to push it over and over and over again. He gets the cutest little smile listening to their voices and points to each of them in the picture while I say their names.
I'll end this blog post with a video of him enjoying the birthday wish frame today... (Sorry it is a bit long and repetitive - wish I knew how to edit the videos before posting)

4 comments:

Traci said...

Oh, that video is just priceless!! I can't wait to show the girls today when they get home from school! Thank you so much Mindy!

Traci said...

That was so cute of Jay! Thanks Aunt Mindy for filming it. Syd

Mike and Becka said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!!

Bob Graham said...

Happy Birthday Jay!!!!!! Your mom needs a Mac and then it would be EASY to edit videos or you! Give your mom and dad a hug for me!

Love ya.....