Monday, June 8, 2009

Pool & Play

Today my friend Katie invited Jay and me over for a pool and play get-together. Jay and Audrey get up from their morning naps at just about the same time so Katie and I know our window of opportunity.

After Jay awoke from his nap we hopped in the car. We fed the kiddos lunch, Katie and I then had a bite to eat, and then we headed out to the pool in the backyard (not before I had to change Jay's diaper which he had MAJORLY filled - thank goodness he did his business before the pool time!)

Thanks to Katie and Audrey for the new camoflage hat for Jay for this birthday! This hat is terrific for pool time since it covers his ears from the sun.


Audrey received a bubble machine for her birthday and the kids loved having the bubbles waft over them. (See the bubbles in the photo below?)




Jay had his first opportunity to use a toy that he could push and walk with thanks to Audrey's toys. As you can tell from the video and two photos below, he had a blast doing it! I've purposely avoided purchasing a toy like this since as a Mom I'm not exactly eager to encourage him learning to walk sooner than when he'll figure it out on his own. Ha! Perhaps that makes me a "mean Mom" - depriving my child of great fun. :)

Katie then pushed the kids up and down the hallways on this toy. Audrey holds the handles vs. Jay who loves to be pushed "hands free." We tried to teach him to hold on, but nothing doing.

After this the kids started "melting" and needed their naps, so we ended our time together.

Thanks for such a fun afternoon Katie and Audrey! We had a GREAT time!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Great video of Jay walking. Look out! I think he'll be walking before you know it!