Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Dad,

Happy Father's Day! Technically this is your second year celebrating Father's Day since I've been born, but because I was such a little newborn last year, this year probably feels more "real" to you in the "father" role.

I'm so glad YOU are my DAD!!

I love it when you "chase" me, play "peek-a-boo" with me, wrestle me, play with me, read to me, sing silly made-up songs to me, and for telling me, teaching me, and modeling the love my Heavenly Father has for me.

I appreciate it so much when you change my diapers (even the stinky ones), feed me, and calm me so I can fall asleep.

And thanks for loving Mom so well, too. You know how much I like it when you kiss Mom in front of me (I grin from ear to ear). Thanks for working hard and providing so well for us so that Mom can stay home and take care of me every day. I love that I get to see you for lunch most work days and you know how excited I am to see you when you walk in the door after work.

You are the GREATEST Dad! I love you so much!

Jay

*Picture above taken June 20, 2009 while sitting on Dad's shoulders.

No comments: